MACA Scholastic Chess
Welcome to MACA's Scholastic home page. In this area of our site we hope to provide as
much information as possible about chess for young players in our geographical region. We hope to be able
to provide the parents of young players with the essential information they need to make playing chess a
Scholastic State Championships Information
Details of the qualifiers, invitation list, rules for both Spiegel Cup (State Singles Championship) and Hurvitz Cup (State Team Championship) can be found in our State Championships page.
2017 Massachusetts State Scholastic Chess Championship Events Timeline:
Note: Red Line is today's date.
The Living Memorial Chess Fund
The Living Memorial Chess Fund, a tax deductible 501 (c) 3 fund, has provided hundreds of chess sets and boards to schools, libraries, junior chess clubs, human service organizations and community groups. [ Read More ]
Download LMCF Application [ PDF ]
- Massachusetts Chess Association Rules for Scholastic Chess Competition [ PDF ]
- Frequently Asked Questions: Please visit our FAQ area for General and Scholastics Chess questions and answers. For beginners, please read Scholastic FAQs for Beginners.
- Local Chess Coaches [The list is a free service MACA provides for our chess community. Contact MACA Webmaster if you would like to add yourself to this list.]
- Chess Class and Camp Listing [The Chess Camps & Classes page is also a free service provided by MACA.]
- Related Links: Find local clubs, online chess sites and more here.